Welp here they are. These are my 2014 Founders Circle Swaps. I really think they turned out great. I absolutely love the Holiday Home stamp set and Framelits. They are adorable. I’ve seen so many cute things done with this stamp set. I am really hoping to do a few of them in the coming weeks.
I will be traveling to Founders Circle today! YAY! I am so excited. This is the second year I have earned this achievement but was unable to attend the retreat last year. It feels like my first time earning in a way. I will be keeping you posted on how it’s going this week 🙂
Here is my video.
Tips & Tricks
- Sponging: I don’t show it in the video but using a sponge in a swirling motion is a great way to add texture and color to white card stock. Or even color card stock. You just dip the sponge directly into your ink pad and then use a swirling motion over your card stock.
- Gold Encore Ink: I would suggest using your heat tool on the Gold Encore Ink and the Silver for that matter. They don’t set up very well on their own and need a little help.
- Make a Scene: No, don’t throw a fit. I mean, make a scene with our cards. sometimes when I am creating a card I am not always trying to convey something visual, sometimes I am trying to convey a feeling. That is what I was trying to do with this card. You know at the beginning of fall when it is still warm out, but not hot, and the leaves have fallen and the world seems still and quiet in the mornings and the air is crisp. I love that time of year. I tried to make this card feel like that time of year. Sometimes when you are creating close your eyes and think about how something feels and then try to convey that through your work. It’s fun to do. Takes some practice but you’ll get there.
Here is my list of supplies. Click on any of the images below to order in my online store.
Hope you enjoy this weeks deals offered by Stampin’ UP!. Feel free to shop for these deals in my online store 🙂
The photo of this card really doesn’t do it justice. I couldn’t get my lighting just right so I feel like you don’t see the richness in this card that it is in person. So sorry.
Here is what the challenge looks like. Please go over to Creative Challenge Club and play along with us. Last week we were able to giveaway a $15 shopping spree! YAY! We would love to do that again.
Here is the video on how to put my version of the card together.
Tips & Tricks
- Heat Embossing: Best tip about heat embossing is to use your embossing buddy. It’s a little duster thing you use before you stamp and put your powder on. I ALWAYS FORGET THIS STEP, and I regret it later. It keeps your embossing powder from sticking all over your paper.
- The rule of odd #’s: In any design having odd numbers is good. Thus the 3 circles instead of say 4 circles. It’s good to have odd numbers, not just in card making, but in home decor and/or party decor.
- Pops of color: This card is basically monochromatic except for the obvious Melon Mambo pop of color. This brings the card to life. Using a bring color against neutral muted colors is generally a good thing.
You can order any of the supplies you see in the video in my online store here:
Welcome to Freebie Friday. I have Gratitude for Days so I am doing a $45 giveaway this week. I LOVE this kit. It’s so amazing and simple. Every year during the holidays I like to do 30 days of thanks, and this is the perfect solution. Check out the video below and see details below on how to get in on the $45 product giveaway!
Last weeks Freebie Friday Winner is: Marie Smith
Samples of how to use this amazing kit in alternative ways. These are from the Stampin UP! corporate blog.
You can order your Gratitude Kit in my online store HERE.
Here’s the video I made for you. Listen at the end to find out how to be entered to win a $45 Shopping Spree free from me.
Freebie Friday Giveaway Details from Sept 12:
- Anyone can win
- Leave a comment on my you tube video or blog post to get 1 ticket in the drawing *1 ticket*
- Order $25 in product (before tax and shipping) and get 2 tickets in plus 1 for commenting *3 tickets total*
- Order $50 in product (before tax and shipping) and get 4 tickets in the drawing plus 1 for commenting. *5 tickets total*
- You must check back here next week on Sept 19th to see if you won. Then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If one week goes by with no claim to the prize I will choose another winner from that week.
The list of people in my life to be thankful for is insanely long. HAHA! In my Stampin’ UP! business I’ve always said I am so thankful for my customers and downline… but I leave out some important people. I am also thankful for my sidelines… these are people that may not be on my team but that work with me to help our businesses thrive. We share ideas and work together as though we are team members. In the grand scheme of things we really are, at least we are if we want Stampin’ UP! to survive.
As you know I am part of the Creative Challenge Club… Here are some goodies that I made up for the other Design Team members using some of the new 2014 Holiday Catalog goodies.
My Paper Pumpkin people. I am so thankful for them. I have not done them justice. Here are some goodies I recently made up to send them this month. I know they will enjoy having this box for their stamp sets that come in their Paper Pumpkin boxes each month. If you’d like in on these goodies you can sign up for Paper Pumpkin with me by clicking HERE. It’s only $19.95 a month, includes shipping (tax is still added).
My team members. I am so thankful for my team members. These are the folks that have decided to join me on this crazy silly sometimes insane adventure of Stampin’ UP!. Some of them hobbyist and some business builders, but all I consider friends. I am extremely grateful for them. Each month I send the top 10 in sales a card or goodie. This month I included an extra special treat CANDY. Fourth through Tenth place received one of my Frog or Fox cards and the top three received free product. If you want to be part of our community purchasing the starter kit is your ticket in. Don’t be fooled! About 5 of the people in the top 10 are hobby demonstrators, not everyone is out there doing classes and workshops or running a blog. You can join us too…. You can click HERE to join.
What does the fox say? I honestly have no idea. HAHA! Now you probably have that crazy song going on in your head. Last week I made the Frog Card. As promised here is the fox card. I hope you enjoy today’s tutorial and if you need any of the products listed below I would much appreciate you picking them up in my online store.
Here is what the indside of the card/treat holder is like. I did a printable tutorial for this card like I did for last weeks card.
Here is the video for you. I hope you enjoy it.
Here is the printable tutorial.
Product ordering list is here. Just click on the images below to order. Thank you! 🙂
A few things to chat about today!
1) Paper Pumpkin. Today and tomorrow are the LAST DAYS to get the Paper Pumpkin kit 1/2 off for two months. You don’t want to miss out on Septembers kit. I PROMISE. You can sign up for Paper Pumpkin HERE, using the HALFOFF2 promotion code. I am sending special gifts out to ALL of my Paper Pumpkin people this month. So be one of them to get the surprise!
This was August’s kit.
2) Check out the new stamp set released today by Stampin’ UP!, You’re Wonderful Photopolymer Stamp Set. This set will only be available for 6 months. You can purchase this set in my online store HERE.
These are samples using the stamp set from the home office.
3) WEEKLY DEALS! Check them out! They are awesome this week. You have one week to pick these items up at a discount. Purchase the starter kit with Stampin’ UP! and get an extra 20% discount on top of these discounts every week! Details on that HERE.